AVE 2 Non-Contacting Video Extensometer
- Conforms to the most rigorous testing standards, including ISO 527-2 and ASTM D638 for plastics and ISO 6892-1 and ASTM E8 for metals
- Eliminates the effect of operators on your strain results; producing more consistent and repeatable results
- Prevents premature damage to the specimen by measuring strain without touching for the most accurate results
- Measures strain through failure on steel or composites without needing an expensive repair
- Measures strain in challenging applications, including at high and low temperatures, or on materials submerged in a fluid bath
- Measures modulus and strain to failure for almost any material, including plastics, metals, composites, and elastomers
- Compare your finite element model to real life data using the optional Digital Image Correlation (DIC) software
- Captures fast events at up to 490 Hz while still getting full accuracy
- Train new operators quickly with simple and intuitive controls integrated directly into Bluehill® Universal software
- Use on any Instron® systems (past and present), as well as non-Instron systems that accept an ± 0-10V analog input
Same Results in Any Lab
- When measuring microns, even the smallest influence can cause big errors. To produce the most accurate and repeatable results, the AVE 2 uses patented technology to reduce environmental impacts on the test results.
- No two labs have the same lighting conditions, and lighting can change throughout the day, which can lead to different results. To ensure the AVE 2 always sees the same image, Instron uses a patented cross-polarized lighting system (US 7,047,819 B2, EP 1,424,547, B1) that’s able to produce repeatable results regardless of your lab’s lighting conditions.
- Normal laboratory ventilation creates air flows which diffract light, introducing errors that can be as high as several microns. The AVE 2 uses patented CDAT fans (US 7,610,815 B2, and EP 1,424,547, B1) which create a constant air-flow between the specimen and the camera, producing consistent results even if your air condition turns on during a test.
Fatigue and Cyclic Applications
- The second generation of the AVE 2 can be configured for cyclic testing with the latest 8800MT dynamic controller and WaveMatrix™ software
- Click here to find out more about the dynamic capabilities of an AVE 2
|Fields of View||Choice between 100 mm, 250 mm, 440 mm and 670 mm|
|Static or Fatigue Rated||Static & Fatigue|
The second generation Advanced Video Extensometer (AVE 2) utilizes patented measurement technology in the fastest, most accurate non-contacting strain measurement device commercially available.
- 1.3 MB
The AVE 2 is a second generation advanced video extensometer that utilizes patented measurement technology in the fastest, most accurate non-contacting strain measurement device commercially available.
- Basın Bildirileri
- 118.6 KB
Instron® DIC Replay Software is a 2D Digital Image Correlation package that works seamlessly with the Advanced Video Extensometer (AVE). Use this package to visualize strain and displacement over the full surface of a two dimensional object or create simple line plots from virtual strain gauges and extensometers.
- 2.5 MB
In addition to its excellent performance for static testing, the Instron AVE 2 is now available with an option for cyclic testing and high speed monotonic test measurement. Capable of tracking displacement at up to 500mm/s with cyclic test frequencies up to 20Hz, it offers the speed and flexibility scientists and engineers have been waiting for to study the dynamic behaviour of materials without contacting the specimen.
- 1.4 MB